Youth Life Skills Coach
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Seasonal, Part Time
Program: Summer Dreams 2023: July 10th – August 3rd
Mondays – Thursdays 10a – 2p (Possibility to extend into October 2023 – March 2024)
Organization: FSH is a thriving youth development organization – the first to combine the power of education with the grace and discipline of figure skating to help girls transform their lives and grow in confidence, leadership, and academic achievement. Our award-winning afterschool and summer programs provide girls ages 6 to 18 from low-income communities with access to innovative education and health and wellness services that help them reach their fullest potential. Our vision is for every student, regardless of socio-economic background, to acquire the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. Headquartered in Harlem for 25 years, and our first satellite chapter in Detroit – Figure Skating in Detroit is approaching its 6th season.
Job Responsibilities: Reporting to Chief Operating Officer, the Youth Life Skills Coach will design and implement school-based activities that support students’ physical, mental, and social-emotional well-being. Key responsibilities include:
- Support with facilitation of SEL and Leadership Curriculum for students in grades 1-12
- Provide students and families with resources and opportunities to support physical, mental, and emotion health
- Coach and support FSH staff through mandated reporting process
- Build collaborative relationships with FSH staff/volunteers and serve as a resource to engage students in programming to enhance their development.
- Coach and support FSH staff on essential youth development, risk and resilience, social-emotional learning, social services, and mind-body principles so that FSH programming reflects the core tenets of developing healthy students.
- Review Hello Insights evaluation and develop activities to support teachers, coaches, and counselors to further support healthy and active well-being.
- Master’s Level Degree, in Creative Arts Therapy, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or related mental health field required.
- Experience with youth and adolescents
- Experience in crisis intervention and de-escalation preferred.
- Experience in restorative practices and SEL framework is a plus.
- Experience in small group instruction or teaching experience preferred
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Self-starter, takes initiative, motivated
- Works collaboratively in a team-based setting
Hourly Rate: $40/hour
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Aridelle Campos at email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Life Skills Coach”.
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.