Figure Skating in Harlem (FSH) is the first organization that combines the power of education with the grace and discipline of figure skating, to give girls 6-18 access to innovative programs that advance their intellectual, emotional and physical health. Our mission is to help girls transform their lives and grow in confidence, leadership and academic achievement. Our award-winning programs have provided low-income girls with access to education, health and wellness services to help them reach their fullest potential. Our vision is for every student, regardless of socioeconomic background, to acquire the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. She will be a powerful speaker, an effective leader, live a healthy lifestyle and be a global citizen. Headquartered in Harlem, in 2017 we launched our first chapter in Detroit – Figure Skating in Detroit.
The Program Associate position includes both operational responsibilities and direct interaction with students and families. It provides an entry point into youth development programs and nonprofit administration and a great opportunity to support many facets of running the organization.
· Create and implement the logistics of student participation in the I Can Excel (ICE) afterschool program and Summer Dreams Camp including streamlining student registration, tuition payment and attendance tracking, and maintaining student records
· Act as the main liaison to FSH Parents, fielding questions, following up on required documents, payments and providing registration support
· Manage program event logistics including liaising with outside vendors, organizing supplies, and creating / implementing event timelines
· Work with program staff to gather and input data into the FSH database, (report cards, medical forms, and attendance) update tracking documents and create data reports as directed to track program outcomes and impact.
· Ensure smooth functioning of the FSH Academic Center and administrative office by overseeing office logistics such as program calendar, supply ordering, and working with outside vendors
· Assist with maintaining our office environment, ensuring the space is well-organized, clutter-free and clean
· Provide training and support to program staff to ensure the proper entry, integrity and accessibility of documents and records in our database
· Greet students and parents when they arrive at academic center
· Provide administrative support to the Director of Programming
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 1-3 years in an administrative or operations support role
· Strong computer skills
· Experience using databases and creating reports required
· Experience working in youth development and a passion for the mission of FSH
· Outstanding written/verbal communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Positive phone demeanor and ability to interact positively with others
· Ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively with others
· Track record in prioritizing, meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, while working in a fast paced environment
· Strong attention for detail and ability to take initiative
Hours: Monday-Friday 11am-7pm with occasional evening and weekend hours needed.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Benefits for full-time employment include health insurance, twenty PTO days to start, paid holidays, retirement savings program and life and long-term disability insurance.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Clarissa@figureskatinginharlem.org with Program Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.