Reports to: Vice President, Development
Status: Part-time, 25 hours/week
Organization: Figure Skating in Harlem is the only organization of its kind to combine the power of education with access to the artistic discipline of figure skating to help girls of color ages 6-18 thrive and become strong leaders. Our mission is to help girls transform their lives and grow in confidence, leadership, and academic achievement. Our vision is for every student to develop the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. She will be a powerful speaker, an effective leader, live a healthy lifestyle and be a global citizen. Now beginning our 25th year, our award-winning programs have provided thousands of low-income girls with access to education, health and wellness services to help them reach their fullest potential.
Job Description: The Development Coordinator has a central focus on executing the daily operations of the Development Department as well as supporting the long-term fundraising strategy to increase giving and cultivate individual, foundation, and corporate relationships. This position plays a critical role in the execution of events, fundraising appeals, and collaborating with the finance team. The position provides exciting growth opportunities in all aspects of development with a thriving national nonprofit organization.
- Support implementation of a development plan that will generate short-term results and sustainable long-term growth
- Receive and process incoming donations; Enter gifts and pledges into fundraising software, including backup documentation.
- Manage weekly gift acknowledgments, including list creation, letter creation, and distribution plan.
- Maintain fundraising database, including ongoing data cleansing and improving procedures and systems as needed.
- Oversee database functions for appeal segmentation, invitation lists, data analysis, and reporting on fundraising progress
- Stay current with FSH’s programs and strategies along with trends in the fundraising industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-3 years of fundraising experience required
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising/relational database
- Appreciation for youth development and a passion for the mission of FSH
- Exceptional accuracy and detail orientation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others, including staff and Board members
- Adept at managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention for detail
- Knowledge of the New York philanthropic community a plus
- Values working respectfully with a diverse population
- Flexibility to work periodic evenings and occasional weekends as needed
Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, $24-$27/hour, 20 hours per week.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter (including compensation requirements) via email to Naomi West at email@example.com. No phone calls please
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.