Development and Communications Manager
Reports to: VP of Development and VP of Strategic Partnerships
Status: Full Time
Organization: Figure Skating in Harlem (FSH) is the first organization in the world to combine the power of education with the grace and discipline of figure skating, to give girls 6-18 access to innovative programs that advance their intellectual, emotional, and physical health. Our mission is to help girls transform their lives and grow in confidence, leadership, and academic achievement. Now in our 26th year, our award-winning programs have provided underserved girls with access to education, health, and wellness services to help them reach their fullest potential. Our vision is for every student, regardless of socioeconomic background, to acquire the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. She will be a powerful speaker, an effective leader, live a healthy lifestyle and be a global citizen. Headquartered in Harlem, in 2017 we launched our first satellite chapter, Figure Skating in Detroit.
What we’re looking for: We are seeking a Development and Communications Manager to help us achieve our mission by securing grants and executing effective communication strategies. The ideal candidate will be an experienced writer and storyteller with a proven track record in fundraising and marketing, and a deep understanding of communication trends that reach, engage, and convert target audiences. This person will work with leadership to promote FSH’s brand, raise awareness, and create engaging content for various channels. They will also develop and execute a communications plan, manage the organization’s website and social media, and oversee promotional and marketing materials. The ideal candidate will be responsible for idea generation, brand management, community building, content creation, and event promotion.
Grant writing, Grant Reports, and Grant Research:
- Research and identify new grant opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and goals
- Write compelling grant proposals and reports to secure funding from foundations, corporations, and other funding sources, reaching or exceeding the annual grant fundraising goal of approximately $600,000.
- Ensure that grant applications and reports are submitted in a timely manner and meet all requirements
- Maintain accurate records of grant applications, awards, and reporting deadlines
- Meet with program staff on grant deliverables and track organizational activity for grant reporting
- Collaborate with finance staff on invoicing and administrative requirements
Content Development & Distribution Strategy:
- Develop and implement a content strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals
- Create engaging content for social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns, including eBlasts, newsletters, and other communication materials
- Collaborate with program staff and partners to gather and create content that highlights the organization’s impact and success
- Ensure that all content adheres to the organization’s brand guidelines and messaging
- Manage and update the organization’s website to ensure that it is up-to-date, informative, and visually appealing
- Work with external vendors to ensure that the website is optimized for search engines and meets web accessibility standards
- Develop and maintain website analytics to track website traffic, engagement, and conversions
Digital Media Analytics:
- Analyze social media and website analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of content and campaigns
- Develop insights and recommendations to improve engagement, reach, and conversions
- Track and report on key performance indicators related to digital media and communication efforts
- Develop and maintain an asset management system to organize and manage digital assets, including photos, videos, and other media, including developing such content for events, grants, and other purposes
- Ensure that assets are tagged and labeled accurately to facilitate search and retrieval
- Collaborate with program staff and partners to gather and manage assets for use in marketing and communication materials
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in grant writing and grant reporting
- Experience developing and executing social media and email marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS), website analytics, and social media management platforms
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
- Passion for the organization’s mission and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Naomi West at email@example.com with the subject line “Development and Communications Manager”.
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 annually + benefits (PTO, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans)
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.